[Freeswitch-users] Registering SIP Trunks to Freeswitch

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 6 19:42:58 MSD 2012

Matt,

Question: do you even need a registration? The reason I ask is that you can
send calls to a server without having an actual registration. When you have
a registration then you can employ the "sofia_contact user at domain" API to
get a Sofia dialstring. However, if you know the user and domain/IP address
then you can just send a call there directly:

<action application="bridge" data="sofia/internal/5551212 at lightspar1"/>

I think your real challenge is handling the inbound call on the freeswitch1
box. That's all dialplan. Look in the example configs:
conf/dialplan/public/00_inbound_did.xml has an example of routing a call to
DID 5551212; the example extension will send the inbound call to extension
1000. You just need to copy that sample extension and set it to match your
DID and then bridge the call to your trunk.

-MC

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org