[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch SIP Registration

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 4 20:50:08 MSD 2012

I take it your copies of the FreeSWITCH books have not yet arrived, because
this is covered in detail. ;)

If you are trying to get a phone connected to FreeSWITCH then I suggest you
read this older but still very relevant article:
http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2009/106/FreeSWITCH

It's only a few pages and discusses (among other things) exactly what you
are trying to do w/ X-Lite.
-MC

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Subhash <gvvsubhashkumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>           I am trying to register  to freeswitch using X-lite i have done
> necessary configuration on X-lite when the X-lite tries to REGISTER to
> freeswitch it is saying 403 forbidden my sofia conf xml is like below  i
> followed the wiki page to create the sofia configuration file.I dont know
> the procedure that i followed to register the user is correct or not.Please
> suggest me how can i do the sip user registeration
> <profile name="My Name">
>  <gateways>
>  </gateways>
>  <aliases>
>  </aliases>
>  <domains>
>   <domain name="local_ip" alias="false" parse="true"/>
>   <settings>
>   <param name="challenge-realm" value="auto_from"/>
>   <param name="force-register-domain" value="local_ip"/>
>   <param name="force-subscription-domain" value="local_ip"/>
>   <param name="send-message-query-on-register" value="false"/>
>  </settings>
> </profile>
>

> Thanks,
> Subhash.