[Freeswitch-users] Missing libtiff after make current

mazilo Nabble_01394 at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Tue Sep 4 07:13:56 MSD 2012

If I undestand it correctly, the /configure.gnu/ file isn't native to any
libtiff package. Probably, it was added by FS developers to produce
non-shared (static) libraries. Unfortunately, when libtiff package got
upgraded to v4.0.2, this file which is needed by the FS main Makefile.am
file isn't found anywhere in the libtiff v4.0.2 package. It is very simple
to fix this problem, i.e. replace the /./configure.gnu/ line in the
Makefile.am file with something like /./configure --disable-shared
--with-pic/. The old libs/tiff-3.8.2/configure.gnu is a simple shell script
file and it contains only three lines as shown below:

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer wrote

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Just to add some more information, I tried "tiff-reconf" as per
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spandsp and get the following error:
>
> [root at Freeswitch freeswitch]# make tiff-reconf
> cd libs/tiff-4.0.2 && autoreconf -fi
> libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
> libtoolize: copying file `config/ltmain.sh'
> libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
> libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
> cd libs/tiff-4.0.2 && sh ./configure.gnu
> sh: ./configure.gnu: No such file or directory
> make: *** [tiff-reconf] Error 127
> [root at Freeswitch freeswitch]#
>
> Any ideas?

-----
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.