[Freeswitch-users] Sangoma Vega 50 FXO

Brian Wiese brian.wiese.freeswitch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:29:04 MSK 2012

O:

First, the positives...  Sangoma has great employees that go the extra
mile when attempting to resolve issues.  Their hardware seems rock
solid and in the event of a rare hardware problem they are quick to
get you the RMA information to get it exchanged.  Really a stellar
company, and I am really excited that they sponsor this project as
much as they do.  Kudos to them!

For the opportunities, unfortunately it would seem that FreeTDM
doesn't have all of the features that "software *" has.  In fact, I've
been recently told that if I wanted feature X to work I'd need to use
"software *" or some kludgy workaround.  There are also Jira tickets
open for FreeTDM that haven't been addressed recently.  Once these
features are added to FreeTDM I believe Sangoma will have a product
that will be mighty impressive.

Don't get me wrong here, this isn't a knock on Sangoma either...
other cards use the FreeTDM module as well.  Moy has been super great
and easy to work with, but even I can tell that he is extremely worn
thin and has a huge workload.  I hope that Sangoma can put some more
resources into improving the software.

Anyone else have any thoughts to share?  Am I way off here?

~Brian