[Freeswitch-users] SQLITE ALT

S. Scott 8f27e956 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 04:27:00 MSD 2012

Read somewhere about sqlite3 becoming a bottleneck point.  This bottle
necking, combined with the XML issues under discussion, I might
suggest some investigation be given to DB2 EXPRESS-C (free community
edition).

DB2 is oft overlooked, but it is mature and capital-F FULL featured.
It also supports trueXML, which allows native XML storage and
retrieval via SQL language -- a nice fs get a long thing.

it might be a great fit for high-end fs implementations.  Left to
default settings, it can be grabby of the machines resources -- cores
and ram.  Default likely too selfish for fs+db2 same-machine
coexistence, but this is highly and easily tunable.

In the small foot print (embedded) SQL engine space -- we love "mimer"

Cheers,
/S

—————
iThing:  Big thumbs & little keys. Please excuse typo, spelling and
grammar errors • Good planets are hard to find – think before you
print • My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my
desire to remain sane. • Last night I played a blank CD at full blast.
The Mime next door went nuts.