[Freeswitch-users] 491 Request Pending causes Disconnect of both legs

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:06:48 MSD 2012

Since FS is not a proxy, you may need to disable session timers.  But I am
not sure if seeing the session timer stuff in the packets won't kick them
back in or get them to refuse them.

We don't put tons of effort into emulating a proxy since it was the SIP
implementors who invented all the crazy rules and we fall into the category
of b2bua and happen to do a few proxy-ish things.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Mike Burlingame <mike.burlingame at me.com>wrote:

> Strange issue I am not 100% sure that this is the correct way to handle
> the transaction I have a client that calls a PSTN number the calls flow is
> Meta Switch --> FreeSwitch --> Carrier (Meta Switch) call set's up
> correctly however during the re-invite process for session timers the
> client's Meta switch sends an invite however ms after the client sends the
> invite so does the carrier resulting in 491 glare on the FreeSwitch box at
> this point FreeSwitch disconnects both calls.
>
> Clients initial invite requested Session Timers UAC however on the
> response from the carrier they did not include that in the response so they
> feel that they are not allowing the client to be in control of the session
> timers.
>
> My question is in the case of 491's being generated from both leg's of the
> call because now both have open dialogs should freeswitch disconnect the
> call like it's doing or back off by allowing the 491's to pass to each leg
> and allow the end points to work out the dialog. (carrier seems to think
> that's what should happen)

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/