[Freeswitch-users] Different DTMF behavior???

Malay Thakershi mthakershi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:31:35 MSD 2012

Hello,

I have a toll-free number (877 area code) hosted @ WindStream and is simply
getting forwarded to a local number hosted @ Vitelity (214 area code).

Call 877 number from T-mobile or Vonage ==> digits get recognized fine
(normal behavior)
Call 877 number from Google voice/Verizon/ATT/certain area codes ==> digits
are not recognized / garbled (almost 100% failure)
Call 214 number form Google voice ==> digits get recognized fine (normal
behavior)

I had everything working fine when the 877 number was hosted with Vitelity.
But we moved it to WindStream as we bought lines from them to our server.

Something is going wrong in DTMF process.

Can someone guide me regarding this? Where to look? I did try
"dtmf-type=rfc.." setting and "liberal-dtmf=true" setting. But didn't work.

Thanks for help.

Malay