[Freeswitch-users] Controlling the caller ID (Solved)

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Oct 11 18:39:24 MSD 2012

 <action application="set"
        data="effective_caller_id_number=${effective_caller_id_number}"/>
... doesn't do anything. You're just setting a variable to the same
variable.

The use for this kind of thing is specifying outbound_name and
outbound_number in addition to an internal_name and internal_number to use
different caller ID if you make an intra-office call as opposed to calling
outside.

-Avi