[Freeswitch-users] Controlling the caller ID

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Oct 11 12:58:24 MSD 2012

As Ken said... before the bridge you can set the effective_caller_id_number
and effective_caller_id_name.

Depending on your gateway, however, it will want the caller ID passed a
different way.
Many want it in the FROM in the invite.
In the gateway:
Authentication<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Authentication> -
you can set "caller-id-in-from" to be true.
For any other CID type, you can change it in the channel:
Channel_Variables#Caller_ID_Related<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#Caller_ID_Related>,
specifically: Variable_sip_cid_type<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_sip_cid_type>

-Avi