[Freeswitch-users] Realm and problems

Miha miha at softnet.si
Thu Oct 11 10:46:05 MSD 2012

Hi,

now I was having connected on FS Linksys phones, panasonic, innovaphone
and few cable/optical modem which were having also sip options.
 From all user-agents registrations/calls are working.

Few days ago I got new optical modem for testing (if it will be ok we
will buy it). I noticed that modem register ok, but when I try to call I
get from FS forbidden.
I noticed that realm was a problem. When I change <param
name="challenge-realm" value="auto_from"/> to auto_to I was able to
call. I did a quick test on different user agents and I did not noticed
any problems.

Is it wise to do that or may this resolve any other problems (call
forwards, etc,...)?

Thanks for explanation!

Regards,
Miha