[Freeswitch-users] Controlling the caller ID

Nick Vines jnvines at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 00:45:57 MSD 2012

Already typed this, so maybe it'll be helpful.

I had to use origination_caller_id_number to get the right number to show
up on an incoming call from my gateway being bridged to an external device
through my gateway. The bridge I am using is the longer line, but you could
set it in a single line.

Setting it in the bridge:
<action application="bridge"
data="<ignore_early_media=true,origination_caller_id_number=${caller_id_number}>
    {leg_timeout=35}group/${dialed_group}@${domain}

:_:{leg_timeout=25,bypass_media_after_bridge=true,absolute_codec_string=G729}group/external_devices@
${domain}"/>

Setting it prior to the bridge :
<action application="set"
data="origination_caller_id_number=${caller_id_number}"/>