[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 9 01:31:10 MSD 2012

Hello all!

Last week was mostly status quo - busy but not too busy. We spent time
working on chapters 5 and 6 of the second edition of the FreeSWITCH
book<https://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-0-6-build-robust-high-performance-telephony-systems/book>.
We also had an interesting
discussion<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_10_03>about
Lumicall <http://www.lumicall.org>, an Android application that allows for
mobile VoIP. This
week<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_10_10>we our very
own Ken Rice (with an assist from yours truly) will be
discussing FreeSWITCH data gathering and troubleshooting techniques. We
will also be talking about how to get all of this data into a Jira in such
a way that the developers will be thankful. The following week we've
scheduled Chad Engler to come discuss with us his node.js/ESL
interface<https://github.com/englercj/node-esl>
.

In other news we just wanted to let you know that our friends over at
Vestec<http://vestec.com>have closed a new round of funding. Check out
this
release <http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/10/prweb9961259.htm> for
details. We are getting ready to put the finishing touches on the
voice-enabled application contest. In the meantime keep working on those
application ideas - you may just be the one to win some cash! We thank the
Vestec folks for being so supportive.

Have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins