[Freeswitch-users] Generate 180/183 with SDP upon receipt of a 180 without SDP

Mick Stevens mickstevens at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 13:26:17 MSD 2012

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know a way I can get FreeSWITCH to generate a 180 or 183 with SDP upon receipt of a 180 without SDP?

Unless I'm being stupid (quite possible) I couldn't find an answer to this on the wiki, although lots around early media (I don't really want to resort to generating ringing for every call, in case the callee is genuinely engaged/busy for example).

The context behind my enquiry is that I send traffic to another SIP carrier that then hands the traffic off at ISUP. Where the ISUP carrier sends back an ACM with a backward call indicator of "subscriber free" the carrier sends a 180 without SDP to me/FreeSWITCH assuming that any ringback tones will be generated by the SIP user agent (RFC 3398 blah, blah, blah).

Any help much appreciated!

Rgds, Mick
Tel/SMS. +44(0)7967 594432
Fax. +44(0)7053 452429