[Freeswitch-users] Doubts over G729 passthru for 50ms ptimes

clive engelberg clive18 at webmail.co.za
Thu Nov 29 11:08:12 MSK 2012

Hi

 I have had limited success with :

 Sometimes the sound was garbled, sometimes worked fine, not sure why it was
sometimes garbled, so I dont use it anymore, as complaints are not what I
want :)

 Hope this helps.

 regards

 Clive

 On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:06:18 +0000 Ben N wrote

 Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone out there is using G729 with 50ms ptime
through Freeswitch, without proxy media?
 I am unable to get this to work, even in a very basic lab with just two
clients and an up to date FS server on the same LAN. I can get G729 with 20ms
working, but 50ms causes Freeswitch to hang the call.
 It might be that mod_g729 and mod_com_g729 simply don't support it, so if
anyone in the know can tell me that would be great!
 Further info can be supplied, I believe I have tried pretty much all
options....
 Cheers,
 Ben

South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

DHL Express. Simple, secure and affordable.
http://www.postnet.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74&Itemid=72