[Freeswitch-users] Sofia listens only on 127.0.0.1 after server VM reboot?

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 19:16:42 MSK 2012

Hi All!

We faced strange problem after FS migration from hardware server to Debian
6.0.6 in VMWare ESXi.
After every VM reboot, FS starts normally, but doesn't receive any SIP
traffic.
netstat -ln shows that freeswitch listens on *:5060, but if we do 'sofia
profile local restart', it says than it restarts on 127.0.0.1
If we do /etc/init.d/freeswitch restart, FS starts normally and work as
expected.

My only idea is that probably FS starts earlier than network interfaces
become configured with IP, although there is $network in # Required-Start
section of init script. Nothing changes if I set $all in #Required-Start to
make FS start at the very end of boot.

I tried to configure static IP in config instead of $local_ipv4, but with
no luck. Probably if the problem is in unconfigured IP interface, we also
need enable_nonlocal_bind proc settings to make this work, but it is a
generally poor and inacceptable workaround :(
Any ideas how can I trace what is the exact problem leading to such
behaviour?

--
Best regards,

Dmitry Sytchev,