[Freeswitch-users] Tricky rollover Dial Plan Question

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Sun Nov 25 08:21:06 MSK 2012

Hi All,

Thanks for your help as always.

I have a CISCO 504G four line phone.  I don't think the model is
particularly relevant, just that it is a multi-line phone.

Issue one:

If line 1 is busy, I want new calls to be directed to line 2. If 1 and 2 are
in use, ring on 3 and then line 4.  I think this means call waiting will
need to be disabled so that each will ring busy, enabling rollover.  Also, I
don't want lines 2, 3 and 4 to all ring if 1 is busy.

I think I just use continue_on_fail=true and hangup_after_bridge=true, then
route to Line 1, then 2, 3 and 4.

Issue two:

I have 6 phones in a call group and I need the call group to ring each phone
like explained in issue one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
"layer" devices to failover independently when dialed in a group.

That is to say, when a call comes in it should be bridged to all 6 phones on
the lowest available line button.  Whoever answers first gets to call and
all other lines return to ready state.

Sean