[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Multilingual Setup

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Wed Nov 21 19:22:03 MSK 2012

Hi Muhammed,

That's because the way you are calling the playback application below is calling a
specific audio file based on path.

In vars.xml (usually) there is a global variable that sets the sound files prefix.  This
will be added to whatever you put as the argument to the playback application.  I'm
willing to bet that whatever you have set includes a language path.

There are a few ways around this -

You can make some phrase macros for each language, and define which prompts in which
language should be used.  Any time you want to play something, use phrase:your_macro instead.

Likewise, you could also change the sounds prefix not to include the language, and then
call playback like this:

data="${default_language}/voicemail/prompt.wav"

I would recommend the phrase macro method, as that gives you a lot of flexibility with
what prompts are used for a given language, and it also lets you account for things like
quantity, gender, and number ordering if that applies (ie. if you are playing an error for
a wrong number).

Hope that helps.

-Tim