[Freeswitch-users] changing vm default announcement

andy packetandy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:00:34 MSK 2012

hi All,

thanks for the input, in the end I figured out the problem I have been
having -

The following works as intended:

<action application="set" data="voicemail_greeting_number=1"/>
<action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain_name} ${dialed_extension}"/>

However, in a lot of the of the example code,for instance default.xml for ext. 1000-1019, this is how voicemail is reached:

<action application="bridge" data="loopback/app=voicemail:default
${domain_name} ${dialed_extension}"/>

In the second case,  <action application="set"
data="voicemail_greeting_number=1"/>  will not work, probably because
the channel variable is not set for the correct channel. I am guessing
that "export" instead of "set" may fix this but I did not have a chance
to try.

I would suggest that some clarification in the wiki between the two ways
of calling voicemail would be very useful - when do you "bridge" and
when do you just call the voicemail app?