[Freeswitch-users] mod_xml_curl - missing dialplan variable (domain of originating user for blind transfer)

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:55:12 MSK 2012

One thing you can do is set the variable when you do know it, from the
dialplan.  So it will be there in all the subsequent events.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>
> CORRECT:
>
> * User receives call from gateway, blind transfer to another user (shows
> correctly as variable_dialed_user/variable_dialed_domain)
> * User receives call from another user, blind transfer to gateway (shows
> correctly as variable_dialed_user/variable_dialed_domain)
> * User receives call from another user, blind transfer to another
> user (shows correctly as variable_dialed_user/variable_dialed_domain)
> * User makes call to another user, blind transfer to another user (shows
> correctly as variable_dialed_user/variable_dialed_domain)
> * User makes call to another user, blind transfer to a gateway (shows
> correctly as variable_dialed_user/variable_dialed_domain)
>
> MISSING:
>
> * User makes call to a gateway, blind transfer to another gateway (no
> clean variables for domain)
> * User makes call to a gateway, blind transfer to another user (no clean
> variables for domain)
>
> So, the problem seems to happen specifically when you blind transfer a
> call that is already in progress on a gateway, where the call was
> originated by a user and not a gateway.
>
> I did a bit more looking through code, added a few switch_log_printf()
> calls, and found that the following method is NOT called in those two
> scenarios where these variables are missing;
> mod_dptools.c: "switch_call_cause_t user_outgoing_channel"
>
> This is about as far as I can go on this, as I just don't know enough
> about C to give any more in-depth info :/
>
> Cal
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
> cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, another update.. after tinkering with the SIP headers, we found
>> that we're able to pass any user/host along in an INVITE, and this is
>> passed onto mod_xml_curl.
>>
>> To fix this particular part of the problem, we enabled auth_calls and
>> this gives us correct/clean variables we can trust, specifically;
>>
>>  u'variable_sip_auth_username': u'2000',
>>  u'variable_user_name': u'2000',
>>
>> However, when attempting to do the blind transfer again, this variables
>> are all missing.
>>
>> At this point I'm convinced that attempting to extract the user/domain
>> from the Refer headers is probably not the right thing to do... But I'm
>> still no closer to figuring out what the correct approach should be to
>> expose the authenticated user/domain to mod_xml_curl.
>>
>> Cal
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
>> cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Another quick update on this before I pass out from lack of sleep..!
>>>
>>> Just had a look through the mod_sofia.c/h source and found the following;
>>>
>>> mod_sofia.c/mod_sofia.h
>>> #define SOFIA_REFER_TO_VARIABLE "sip_refer_to"
>>> if (!zstr(full_ref_by)) {
>>> switch_channel_set_variable(t_channel, SOFIA_SIP_HEADER_PREFIX
>>> switch_channel_set_variable(t_channel, SOFIA_REFER_TO_VARIABLE,
>>> full_ref_to);
>>> }
>>> if (!zstr(full_ref_to)) {
>>>  switch_channel_set_variable(t_channel, SOFIA_REFER_TO_VARIABLE,
>>> full_ref_to);
>>> }
>>> switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_SESSION_LOG(session), SWITCH_LOG_DEBUG,
>>> "Process REFER to [%s@%s]\n", exten, (char *)
>>> refer_to->r_url->url_host);
>>>
>>> If the correct approach is deemed to be patching code, then I figured it
>>> could be as simple as this;
>>>
>>> switch_channel_set_variable(t_channel, "Referred-By-User", exten);
>>> switch_channel_set_variable(t_channel, "Referred-By-Domain", (char *)

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm