[Freeswitch-users] Logging

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 19 03:19:29 MSK 2012

Yes this is possible...

Set the loglevel in switch.conf.xml to err, then if you need to change it
you can change it at any time from the CLI with fsctl loglevel <LOG_LEVEL>
..

You can also adjust it in logfile.conf.xml for whats logged in the files and
adjust it in console.conf.xml (or vars.xml) for the console loglevel ....

Keep in mind that the loglevel in switch.conf.xml is the core logger
loglevel, setting this to say err, makes the core logger drop everything
higher then the ERR level and things will not even make it to the console or
logfile.

On 11/18/12 5:48 PM, "David Villasmil" <david.villasmil.work at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm going crazy with the logging feature.
>
> If I understand correctly, you set the minimum logging in switch.conf.xml,
> i.e.: debug.
>
> I set debug because I want to be able to do "console loglevel debug" for
> debugging later... but I don't want it all the time!
>
> FS is creating a log file every 2 minutes... I don't want that, I want to have
> "err" as the normal logging level and be able to do "debug" on the console
> whenever I need it...
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> David