[Freeswitch-users] mod_db help needed

Nitin Tomer ntomer at newgen.co.in
Thu Nov 15 15:51:09 MSK 2012

I understand that I will have to make changes in db.conf.xml -

<configuration name="db.conf" description="LIMIT DB Configuration">

  <settings>

    <!--<param name="odbc-dsn" value="dsn:user:pass"/>-->

  </settings>

</configuration>

But the wiki also says this - "ODBC must be configured to use ODBC resources
(configure with --enable-core-odbc-support)." What does this mean? I
couldn't find any more references to it.

Wiki says - "Realm and key are arbitrary strings. Consider realm as a
container for keys." Does this mean that I can use a realm for a particular
type of data e.g. "callerdata", use caller number as key and set the entered
data against that key. But how would I be able to access this data from
outside FreeSwitch?

Is the realm mapped to a table in the database or something similar?

Thanks in advance

Nitin