[Freeswitch-users] No Media on bridging two external calls

Lynn Nielson lynn.nielson at greenseedtechnologies.com
Fri Nov 9 19:14:33 MSK 2012

Running FreeSwitch on Ubuntu 12.04 FreeSWITCH Version
1.3.0+git~20120823T225232Z~fbc83cb0ea

I'm having a problem with no media/audio when bridging two external calls,
however, if one of the legs is an internal extension the the audio works
fine. Also, if I add bypass_media=true, the audio works for the two
external call bridge as well.  I would really like to understand why this
works this way and if there is a configuration option that would enable the
internal and external bridging to work the same.  Here are two examples of
the problem from the command line using sofia.

This fails on audio but makes a connection (external to external):
originate sofia/gateway/flowroute/1801xxxxxxx
&bridge(sofia/gateway/flowroute/1801yyyyyyy)

This works (external to external):
originate {bypass_media=true}sofia/gateway/flowroute/1801xxxxxxx
&bridge(sofia/gateway/flowroute/1801yyyyyyy)

This works (internal to external):
originate sofia/internal/1010%IPADDRESS
&bridge(sofia/gateway/flowroute/1801yyyyyyy)

This also works (internal to external):
originate {bypass_media=true}sofia/internal/1010%IPADDRESS
&bridge(sofia/gateway/flowroute/1801yyyyyyy)

Thanks for any explanation,

Lynn