[Freeswitch-users] About "Dial Groups" or "Callgroup intercept"

Ognjen Seslija oseslija at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:15:34 MSK 2012

Afaik, Linksys SPA9xx series phones had possibility to subscribe to group
on their PBX, SPA9000.
When you press a group pickup soft key you would see a displayed info about
who's calling who, and you could intercept the call.

FS only send NOTIFY messages to phones that have subscribed to certain
extension, regardless of the call groups (standard rfc 3265 and 4235 type
presence). Phones generally light LED buttons in order to display the
status of the watched extension. With snom phones I have seen that it's
possible to get the display of the call in progress before picking the call
up (that's about what you want - A calling B).