[Freeswitch-users] Bad connection diagnostics?

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Nov 7 01:09:26 MSK 2012

Thanks for the response AVI.  I should have been more clear.

This is a multi-tenant box.  We use it for my 3 offices too.  That is sort
of why I mentioned ping and tracert  results were the same, so I should have
filled in the rest.  The other tenants have no reported problems, and none
of our 3 sites (7 phones) seem to have these issues currently.  I have had
all of these issues at one time or another, but write it off to temporary
internet throughput variability issues/problems.

I hate to use that excuse even when I truly think it is the problem.  But
when the problems are persistent (not constant) I am at a loss what to
capture/track/test.  They are looking to me to at least identify the problem
and hopefully get it resolved.

I do have the FS logs from at least one of these calls that had one way
audio, but I am not proficient enough to spot any audio channel problems.  I
can hang in there through dialplan issues and sofia connections/errors and
maybe even codec mismatches, but the audio connection information is still
one step too far for me.

Should I post those logs or can you offer another plan?

Sean