[Freeswitch-users] How to handle SIP REFER message

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Tue Nov 6 09:21:58 MSK 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Subhash <gvvsubhashkumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to handle SIP REFER mesage from the dialplan but i
> could not ,actually our intention is when we get the SIP REFER message
> based on the refered-to header we need to bridge the call.I am not
> getting any idea to achieve this flow.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but you might be looking for
something that can should be done from a SIP proxy.

Anyway, the dialplan is only consulted when the call hits the routing
stage. If you have a call setup and you want FreeSWITCH to send the
refer, you can use this:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_deflect

If you you're the one getting the REFER, FreeSWITCH should already do
the work of setting up the new channel.

Again, I don't know for sure what you're looking to do, but I hope that helps.

Best,
Gabe