[Freeswitch-users] Pass presence through Freeswitch B2BUA

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Tue Nov 6 01:09:01 MSK 2012

Hello,

I am wondering, if anybody had found a way to pass through any presence
information through one Freeswitch to another.

What is the scenario I am thinking of?

  * I have a central Freeswitch server
  * at a remote location we have a minimum Freeswitch server which
    handles local registrations of local phones. This remote Freeswitch
    acts as a B2BUA via VPN to the central server (in order to eliminate
    NAT and Network issues and encrypt traffic to the remote site)
  * With the remote Freeswitch we can easily handle presence (BLF) at
    the remote site, as all phones are local.
  * In this B2BUA scenario, for every remote phone the remote freeswitch
    is registering the same phone number to the central Freeswitch,
    which handles some other phones, which are connected to the central
    Freeswitch directly.
  * What we want to achieve is, that a phone behind the remote
    Freeswitch can do BLF with another phone which is directly connected
    to the central Freeswitch

[Central Freeswitch] <=== registers 200 ===== [remote Freeswitch] <===
registers 200 =====[phone 200]
                     |<=== registers 201 =====[phone 201]

So in terms of this short drawing the phones 200 and 201 need to share
presence.
So the main question is: How can I pass the presence information of 201
from the central Freeswitch through the remote Freeswitch  to phone 200
and vice versa?

Is there a way t do that and how could one do that?

--
With kind regards
Peter Steinbach

Telefaks Services GmbH