[Freeswitch-users] [OffTopic] Why PostgreSQL better then MySQL?

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon Nov 5 15:35:49 MSK 2012

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:14:59 +0000
Antonio Teixeira <eagle.antonio at gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue is not that simple , i consider PostgreSQL more "enterprise" is
> just my point of view.

Hmm, I see the question from another point of view: how can people use
mysql for _any_ enterprise work.

> One thing i love about postgres is the Transactions  + an extremely good
> engine , PostgreSQL is not made as easy as mysql you don't get fancy
> "phpmyadmin" but it does the work extremely well even in some corner cases.

That isn't true: as a web application you have phppgadmin
(http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=start), as a
standalone program you have pgadmin3 (http://www.pgadmin.org/).

> There is also a more "oracle" version of PostgreSQL ,
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/

In fact, Pg is seen as the open-source oracle; enterprisedb brings the
advantage of long term bug fixing & support for its chosen Pg versions :)

Jiff
--
<cell> apt sex
<apt> sex is probably updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; unzip; strip; look;