[Freeswitch-users] Why I could not detect DTMF when using Originate command

Michael Lutz mytemike72 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:08:45 MSD 2012

If your outbound provider does not support RFC2833 (DTMF via SIP Info
messages) you need to explicitly set the outbound leg to 'listen' for
DTMF tones using the start_dtmf dialplan command.
As you originate, there is no real dialplan, you can set it using the
"execute_on_answer"in inside the originate command like:

originate {execute_on_answer=start_dtmf,ignore_early_media=true}sofia/gateway/trunk_1/0860216060
8888

Regards,
Mike.