[Freeswitch-users] What is the different between FS linux and MS windows version

Chris Ferreira chris at gonumina.com
Mon May 28 09:45:31 MSD 2012

Great info Dave, much appreciated. As far as timing goes with Hyper-V, have
you messed at all with T.38 or any faxing stuff?

Thanks,

-Chris

___________________
Mobile Reply

On May 27, 2012, at 12:33 PM, "Dave R. Kompel" <drk at drkngs.net> wrote:

 Just to chime in a little. 2008 R2 it will kick ass, or of you are using
an earlier version, of windows, at least use an x64 one. You can also use
Win7 X64, and should get about the same results. FreeSWITCH will also run
fine on windows as a Hyper-V virtual machine, with no timing or other
issues.

Also the HA stuff works the same, at least on the FS side, and there is no
reason that you couldn't write a simple module using mod_managed and C# to
integrate to windows clustering. That will give you the IP address fallover
from one system to the other builtin. You would just have to subscribe to
the event for the cluster node becoming active, and issue the API command
to restore the active calls.

I haven't tested that yet, but it's on my todo list.

--Dave