[Freeswitch-users] ignore_display_updates meaning an polycom problem (urgent please)

ghallab tarik.bts.gi at gmail.com
Mon May 21 14:07:28 MSD 2012

Hi guys,

    Can you explain me what well happen if I set the variable
    "ignore_display_updates=true" before I make bridge action and what
    will happen if I set it to false? because I have a problem with FS
    and Polycom 550: when A call from outside of the FS network to B
    which is inside, then B answer and transfer the  call to C which is
    inside also, when C's phone is ringing he see B's caller ID and when
    he answer, he see A's caller ID. Me I want that he see always caller
    ID of A. I tried to set "ignore_display_updates=true" in this case B
    see just C's caller ID when his is ringing and when he answer. There
    is any way to fix this issue? I am thinking about to set
    /"effective_caller_id_number={$origination_caller_id_number}" but I
    am not sure if this will work.
    /