[Freeswitch-users] What is the digit for in ./bootstrap.sh -j4 ?

Chris Mylonas chris at opencsta.org
Sat May 19 04:53:16 MSD 2012

if it's not used now, it may have been in the past - someone here that has been around for a few years may recall and probably why the wiki page says (note this may make build errors harder to spot) and it was removed because of that reason.

either way, just to clarify, here's my 2cents

use it with 'make' command
e.g.

make -j4

will use 4 cores for compiling
if there is a make command in bootstrap.sh it may be passed there.
configure and bootstrap are just scripts to organise things.  I haven't looked inside them whether either calls 'make'.

HTH
Chris