[Freeswitch-users] Javascript Outbound Event Socket - Event Locking

Sara Higfler sarahig1985 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:47:36 MSD 2012

Hi,

I'm continuing to make progress with the development of some dialplan
applications using the Outbound Javascript Event Socket Library.  The new
challenge I've encountered is (I believe) related to event locking.  I'm
using the Outbound event socket in async mode.  A simplified example of
what I want to do is to play an announcement, wait for it to finish, then
hangup the channel.   Announcements are working fine in other parts of the
application, but I'm having trouble forcing the announcement to play before
the channel is disconnected.  I believe this can be solved by activating
event locking per:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket_Library#setEventLock

However, I cannot find an example of this being implemented within
javascript... I thought there would be a means of appending it to the
execute command, but have been unable to determine how.

                      req.execute('playback',
'conference/conf-enter_conf_number.wav');
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.  I'm in the process of writing a
guide describing basic examples of using Javascript with outbound event
sockets.  I'll add this to the list of hints for the newbies like myself
once I've got to the bottom of it.

Kind regards,
Sara.