[Freeswitch-users] Can't compile with ODBC support under FreeBSD for current git

Nikolay Rogoshchenkov nickolayr at gmail.com
Thu May 10 22:07:06 MSD 2012

Hello,

I already have FreeSWITCH Version 1.1.beta1 (git-d730df7 2012-04-02
18-00-38 -0400) with ODBC support and my LUA scripts working properly with
MySQL.
But when I tried  to *configure *the latest git (after git pull) I have got
the following error:

[....]
*** your path, or set the LIBGNUTLS_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to libgnutls-config.
checking libtool major version... 2
using libtool library extension... la
  adding "-fPIC" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
  adding "-fPIC" to SWITCH_AM_CXXFLAGS
  adding "-Werror" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
checking whether the compiler supports -fvisibility=hidden... yes
  adding "-fvisibility=hidden" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
  adding "-DSWITCH_API_VISIBILITY=1" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
  adding "-DHAVE_VISIBILITY=1" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
  adding "-fvisibility=hidden" to SWITCH_AM_CXXFLAGS
  adding "-DSWITCH_API_VISIBILITY=1" to SWITCH_AM_CXXFLAGS
  adding "-DHAVE_VISIBILITY=1" to SWITCH_AM_CXXFLAGS
checking CFLAGS for maximum ansi warnings... -Wall -std=c99 -pedantic
  adding "-g" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
  adding "-ggdb" to SWITCH_AM_CFLAGS
checking for jack... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
checking for snd_pcm_open in -lasound... no
checking size of long... 8
checking what directory libraries are found in... lib
checking for odbc header in /usr/include... no found
checking for odbc header in /usr/local/include... found
checking for SQLDisconnect in -lodbc... no
checking for odbc library in /usr/lib... no found
checking for odbc library in /usr/local/lib... found
checking whether to include odbc... yes
checking for SQLDisconnect in -lodbc... (cached) no
configure: error: no usable libodbc; please install unixodbc devel package
or equivalent
#

but why?

Thank you.