[Freeswitch-users] Bypass media succeeds from extension to gateway but fails from extension to extension

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Thu May 10 18:38:22 MSD 2012

Thanks Ken.  I'm still learning here, so if that's the case then help me to
understand why FS properly sends the external address when that same
extension makes a call out through a gateway instead of to another
extension.  Same settings, same originating extension.

I did try enabling ndlb-connectile-dysfunction to rewrite the contact IP on
those calls but to no avail.

Thanks!

- Phil

Ken Rice
Tue May 8 11:38:48 MSD 2012

This is not a bug in FreeSWITCH...
Bypass Media is a special mode to allow us to act as a psuedo proxy.

Other then possibly filtering some codecs the rest of the SDPs are simply
copied across the bridge. That means if your sip devices are sending RFC1918
IPs in their SDPs then FreeSWITCH will forward an RFC1918 SDP. Why is that?
Because FreeSWITCH has no way to know where the media is actually coming
from since FreeSWITCH is not in the media path.