[Freeswitch-users] Howto? Migrating from Siemens HiPath4000 to FreeSWITCH

Markus Lindenberg markus.lindenberg at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:26:07 MSD 2012

Hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Karsten Horsmann <khorsmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Btw. you can also buy an A102d with two PRI Ports. The "d" stands for
> echo-chancelation.
>
> Or you get an Mediagateway like the Patton Inalp SmartNode 4960.

I would also recommend to use a SmartNode or PRI board with two ports.
This way you can sync the internal (HiPath facing) port to the
external (Telekom) port, which will help avoid all kinds of timing
trouble. Some single port boards have  proprietary interconnects to
sync multiple boards of the same vendor, but by buying one card /
gateway with two PRIs you can skip the complexity.

Using a standalone mediagateway like the Patton also makes it possible
to put your server wherever you like and not worry about cabling the
PRIs to the rack. You can route calls to multiple servers (e.g. send
calls to server2 if server1 is down etc.) and don't depend on the
FreeSWITCH machines to be up and running for the HiPath to work.

We're using this kind of migration setup quite often, starting with a
"transparent" SmartNode looped in between PRI and "old" PBX, then
gradually routing numbers to the SIP world.

Gruß, Markus