[Freeswitch-users] Bypass media succeeds from extension to gateway but fails from extension to extension

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Tue May 8 05:34:48 MSD 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Phil Quesinberry
<philq at qsystemsengineering.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to get bypass media to work with extension to extension calls.
> Both endpoint extensions are behind NAT in two different locations.  This
> looks like a possible bug because FS sends the internal IP address of one of
> the endpoints to the other for media, but when making a call from the same
> extension to an external gateway for PSTN termination, it sends the phone’s
> external IP address as it should, and the call succeeds.

My guess is that this is not a bug. The NAT stuff has been gone over
and over and used in many different configurations. Usually, in my
experience, NAT issues are cause by config errors or a broken device.

What do you have for your sofia configs?

Gabe