[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH 1.2 and packaging update

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Fri May 4 23:20:16 MSD 2012

As many of you know we have been working hot and heavy on getting 1.2 ready
to drop.

In the next 24 hours we will be pushing some further changes into tree that
will affect a small number of users. These Changes are leading up to the 1.2
release and specifically address Packaging for Debian (and Debian based)
system.

If you arent currently using the debian package building bits of the
FreeSWITCH source tree, you will not be affected. However if you are expect
to see some big changes...

These changes are to move us more inline with the Centos packages and more
inline with what is required to get FreeSWITCH in the normal Debian
repositories.

Also, do we have a brave soul that might want to help with the FreeSWITCH
Change log? Contact me off list or via IRC (SwK in #freeswitch on
irc.freenode.net) if this is something you can help with.