[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan condition to test if SIP client is registered

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri May 4 21:34:31 MSD 2012

Hi Thaddeus,

You definitely have several options here. While you could use the
sofia_contact API, I'm wondering if perhaps you could let the dialplan and
the bridge app do the work for you.

You could bridge directly to the Android user and then if it fails it could
then continue in the dialplan and ring the mobile number. This is covered
briefly on the wiki<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_bridge#Implementing_Failover>,
however <shameless_plug>it is covered very nicely in the new FreeSWITCH
Cookbook</shameless_plug> in chapter 1.

Try out the basic failover (pipe-separated list of endpoints) and if that
doesn't work let us know. Maybe you could hop on IRC and talk live with
other community members. Of course, it can't hurt to raise your karma by
getting the FreeSWITCH books. :) (See freeswitch.org, upper left corner.)

Thanks,
Michael