[Freeswitch-users] Most Scalable Way To Control FreeSwitch.

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Thu Mar 29 20:05:07 MSD 2012

Yes, I agree there.

If you empty out your dialplan and only use curl, then FS hardly has to
do anything to route the call, it just waits for a response and then
executes the little snippet that comes back.  Make your web script
really efficient and have it send back a list of dialplan instructions.

It's still a good idea to have a bit of XML dialplan locally to handle
emergency routing, ie. 911 and 611 if possible.  That way, if something
happens to your web servers, people can at least call for help, and
maybe still call you to complain about it.  Then again, maybe you don't
want that :-)

-Tim