[Freeswitch-users] Acoustic Echo Cancellation on Freeswitch side

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 29 19:04:24 MSD 2012

This is a tough one. I played with speex preprocessor while trying to develop FSComm and had no success… I don't know much on the subject and my inability to solve this problem cause be to halt the development of FSComm for a while since I don't see myself wearing a headset all day while coding and FSComm was a project that I was developing for myself.

A friend of mine that develops Blink(saghul) told me that they yanked the WebRTC echo cancelled and it works like a charm. Too bad it seems to only work right on Mac due to the lack of realtime audio on other platforms. Again, I don't know much about the subject to really know what he is talking about but I thought it was worth mentioning here.

For Imran, acoustic echo cancelers cannot be done anywhere BUT on the device that is capturing the signal. Once it is on the line, it is not echo anymore.

Regards,

--
João Mesquita