[Freeswitch-users] Strange DTMF Tones On Inbound Calls

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Mar 26 21:39:18 MSD 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Daniel Knaggs <
Daniel.Knaggs at realitysolutions.co.uk> wrote:

>  OK, call recording has been setup – waiting for it to happen now.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Interestingly, before I issue the “record_session” application (and of
> course the “RECORD_*” variables) I had to execute “ring_ready” then
> “pre_answer” otherwise the caller gets silence (changing the order of those
> two commands results in silence).

I find it odd that just doing a pre_answer wouldn't be sufficient. A
pre_answer will send a 183 w/SDP whereas ring_ready simply sends a 180. In
any case, I'm glad you got your recordings. I also find it curious that
only the "letter" DTMFs are being detected. Let us know if you actually
hear those tones in the audio stream.

-MC