[Freeswitch-users] TDM400P spans

Jeromy fuji246 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:58:59 MSK 2012

Jeremy Johnson <jeremy at ...> writes:

> I'm trying to convert from Asterisk to Freeswitch, and have a question about
spans.

> I read the freetdm configuration example for TDM400
> and am wondering what exactly is a span.
>
> I have 2 TDM400P cards in my computer,
> one card has 2 FXS modules for connecting analog phones.
> The other card has 3 FXO modules for connecting to  3 PSTN trunk lines.
>
> # lsdahdi
> ### Span  1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5"
>   1 FXS        FXOKS       (In use) (EC: OSLEC - INACTIVE)
>   2 FXS        FXOKS       (In use) (EC: OSLEC - INACTIVE)
>   3 unknown    Reserved
>   4 unknown    Reserved
> ### Span  2: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5" (MASTER)
>   5 FXO        FXSKS       (In use) (EC: OSLEC - INACTIVE)
>   6 FXO        FXSKS       (In use) (EC: OSLEC - INACTIVE)
>   7 FXO        FXSKS       (In use) (EC: OSLEC - INACTIVE)
>   8 unknown    Reserved
>
> Do I configure freetdm as in the example for TDM400
> with separate spans for each module like the following?
> or should I have just two spans as shown by lsdahsi?
> Thanks.

Hi Jeremy

    Do you find the answer to this question?

    I'm also very confuse on the span and channel in both asterisk and
freeswitch, and I've found little explaination on this.

    "	A span is a logical unit that represents a group of channels.
	With digital telephony, a span usually represents a physical port on the card.
	If the system has only one such card with a single port, so it is referred to
as span 1. "

    Could anyone help on this?

    Thanks in advance!