[Freeswitch-users] reverse time skew warning

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Sun Mar 18 17:43:05 MSK 2012

It might cause bad audio during a very short time - however, as you say it's a very short time so it shouldn't cause any real problems.

The timer loop will always detect this though, no matter how small the time change was.

The best way is to use a monotonic clock. On Linux this should be default, on Windows it requires a specific startup param, on Mac OS X it's not available at this time. The monotonic clock doesn't change when time changes, so it's always a better choice.

/Peter