[Freeswitch-users] vBilling release announcement. Version 0.1.3

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 01:10:16 MSK 2012

Isn't this open source? But the very front page of the vbilling.org
site categorically claims the following:

"vBilling is the the first OPEN SOURCE billing platform for
FreeSWITCH. With vBilling you can start your own calling card
services, send SMS, conference call and voice mail and much more. You
can even manage your existing wholesale or retail VoIP business.
Because it’s all Open Source, vBilling will always be free and fast
evolving. We have developed vBilling using simple architecture that is
very easy to configure, so with just a few steps you can create and
deploy a very strong billing platform utilizing the power of
FreeSWITCH. You can also deploy wide range of telephony applications
and services, including IP PBXs, VoIP gateways, call center, IVR
systems and much much more."

And the header "why OPEN SOURCE?" in the same website states:

"We believe that OPEN SOURCE can simply create better and more
powerful software. While everyone contributes, the software becomes
more mature and stable.
OPEN SOURCE software might be cheaper than alternatives, but it has
many other business benefits, too. It is often said that open source
software wins because it is cheaper. However, the bigger factor in the
success of open source software in industry has been performance.
Collaborative development projects have opened the door to much wider
input than is the case in a closed development environment with
subsequent improvements in price and performance. OPEN SOURCE reduces
R&D costs, increases productivity, improves efficiency, facilitates
interoperability and encourages innovation. This lead us for the open
source model."

In that case, I am also interested to review the code, any links or
hints about the source? Thanks!

Or