[Freeswitch-users] Any help me to installed Luac compiler (was: FreeSWITCH-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 127)

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 17 17:42:43 MSK 2012

On 03/17/2012 08:26 AM, virendra bhati wrote:
> Hi Patrick ,
>
> I tryed a lot effort on google but no help i got and even i sent e-mail
> to lua mail list as well. but no one replied on it.

Please do not top-post and properly trim your replies (remove unrelated
stuff).

If you have the lua rpm installed on your CentOS system then luac is
already available. Check with:

$ rpm -q lua

lua-5.1.4-4.1.el6.x86_64  <-- so it's installed

If you don't have lua installed then install it as root with:
# yum install lua

luac is part of the lua package:

$ rpm -ql lua | grep luac

/usr/bin/luac
/usr/share/doc/lua-5.1.4/luac.html
/usr/share/man/man1/luac.1.gz

Since you seem to be lacking basic Red Hat/CentOS knowledge and skills
may I suggest this book:

RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 &
EX300), 6th Edition written by Michael Jang

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHCSA-Linux-Certification-Study-Edition/dp/0071765654/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331995110&sr=1-1

Regards,
Patrick