[Freeswitch-users] sips, tls, srtp, etc

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Fri Mar 16 04:46:55 MSK 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:33:17 -0700
Mitch Capper <mitch.capper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brian is right on his comments, and the internal profile was missing

don't forget I'm a beginner to FS.

> but looking at the log I did notice a few things:
> It looks like TLS is enabled on your public profile and should be
> listening on 5081 and disabled on the internal profile.

Yep, as it is a test, I changed the first one in vars.xml

> Normally you
> would want these reversed tls is generally used for users registering
> to your FS box rather than your public profile.  With that said if you
> could run "sofia status" and then the "netstat -nlp | grep frees".

I read that external is generally used to connect to a
VoIP provider, but I thought I could use it for friends
elsewhere connecting to my svr by the Internet (?)

Is it a mistake to separate LAN & WAN registrations, and shall I
leave external alone except if some day I connect to a VoIP provider?

JY
--
A man who cannot seduce men cannot save them either.
		-- Soren Kierkegaard