[Freeswitch-users] Getting real-time amplitude of a channel

Matt Stockton mstockton at harqen.com
Wed Mar 14 20:26:39 MSK 2012

Hi all,

I am interested in providing a visualization of a channel in a conference.
I am able to process the start talking and stop talking events from the
conference, but I'm wondering, has anyone done anything that can get the
real-time amplitude of a channel? I didn't see any built-in API commands to
do this, but wondering if there's any modules or something else that I'm
overlooking?  Or maybe now is the time for me to dig into the API
documentation?

Just curious if anyone has done something like this before, and if so, if
you could guide me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Matt