[Freeswitch-users] uuid_kill

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 21:02:03 MSK 2012

uuid_kill is designed to hangup call legs from remote applications.

issues belong on JIRA with a list of details, stuck calls id too
vague.  there needs to be the exact version of FS and all the other
questions the jira asks.
Make sure you are using GIT HEAD.  Your problem can be dealt with
swiftly if you supply the right info.

If you have a reproducible problem, turn on the debugging log and
reproduce it so you can post a trace.

from FS console, console loglevel 7 or from remote start fs_cli with -l7
sofia global siptrace on

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> There was a recent bug where this happened... Update to current git, and
> check it again if you are still getting these hung calls, please help us out
> by using gcore on the still running freeswitch with the hung calls to get a
> core dump, then open that with gdb and follow the bug reporting info at
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs#Creating_A_Backtrace_With_gdb_.28Linux.2FUnix.29
> and open a Jira.
>
> Since I am throw this out on the mailing list for this bug please check to
> make sure someone hasn’t already opened a bug on it before opening a new
> one. Stop but #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net (our irc channel) if you have
> a box in this state and we can get a core dump but you need help on it.
> (note, we’ll have to crash it to get the right coredump so you don’t want to
> gcore it on a production system with live calls)

> On 3/8/12 11:47 PM, "Ast Coder" <asteriskcoding at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am just learning FreeSwitch and I see a lot of stuck calls.
>
> Why is that? Does that really mean there are active channels to PSTN even
> though my SIP end-point hanged up minutes ago? There shouldn't be any need
> for uuid_kill. Is this common to FreeSwitch to see calls getting stuck?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM,  <B.Tietz at pinguin.ag> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> sometimes I have some stuck calls in FS. „show calls“ is showing them to me.
> If I try to kill the call with „uuid_kill <uuid>“ the call won’t be killed…
> I have to restart freeswitch, but I suppose this is not the best way for
> this problem. Deleting from database doesn’t help too…
>
> Are there any other ideas?
>
> regards,
> Benjamin T.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org