[Freeswitch-users] DTMF passthrough delay / pass_rfc2833 problems

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:29:56 MSK 2012

Hi all

I'd like to know is there a way to make freeswitch pass RFC2833 dtmf right
after it receives first packets as in pass_rfc2833 mode, but still
recognize DTMF for bind_meta_app or bind_digit_action? Seems when i enable
pass_rfc2833, bind_meta_app stops working.

When we use ATA endpoints like Linksys PAP2T or SPA8000 without
pass_rfc2833, ATAs sends little piece of inband DTMF followed by RFC2833
packets. While inband piece is immediately forwarded by FS, RFC2833 packets
get relayed only after receiving end packets from endpoint, or at least
delayed, effectively making double DTMF on other side.

We can't use no-media or proxy-media mode as we need to deal with in-call
features activated by DTMF :(

What can be done to solve this issues?

--
Best regards,