[Freeswitch-users] mod shell stream

Bernard Fluixa fluixab at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 3 17:17:08 MSK 2012

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a playback of streamed sound data coming from a database. I could make the example included in documentation work (cat file.wav | sox -t wav - $@ -t raw -). However, I can't make it work with same sox options after having uploaded that same file into my PGSQL database and select it instead of a cat command.

My shell script is

#!/bin/bash

psql -h <HOST> -U postgres -E -t -q -d <DATABASE> -c "select <BINARY COLUM DATA> from <TABLE> " | sox -t wav - $@ -t raw -

Freeswitch gives me a "sox FAIL formats: can't open input  `-': WAVE: RIFF header not found" error message.

Has anybody streamed data from database into Freeswitch?

Thank you.

Bernard